The holiday week is a great time to recharge your energy.
Whether you are heading to the beach, visiting relatives, or just chillin at home; I invite you to create some alone-time and reflect on the past 6-months.
Here are three questions to ask yourself:
- What did I accomplish? Reflect back on everything you did over the last 6-months and identify what you are most proud of.
- What didn’t I achieve that is still important? Note those things that remain a priority and recommit to moving them forward.
- What did I learn? Conscious awareness is an acquired leadership skill.
Next, turn your attention forward. What is your X?
“X” is your personal something—and it is different for everyone.
What is the one thing you need to work on or work through to grow and empower your team, your business, or your life?
Now, time travel…imagine everything just how you want it to be—who you are, what you do, and what you have.
What advice would you give yourself?
- What would the older you recommend you start doing?
- What would the wiser you encourage you to stop doing?
As a leader, you are the captain of your ship. You have a responsibility to ignite change by implementing small adjustments to daily routines that help you chip away at the results you desire.
We all have moments when, in spite of our best efforts, things don’t go the way we want. You can complain about it, you can wait for things to get better, or you can get up off your butt and start doing something about it.
Regardless of where you are, what you’ve done, or what you have failed to do–today is a new day. You have an opportunity—right now—to refocus, recommit, and reinvent your future.
What adjustments and new habits are you willing to put into practice?
Need help? Contact me—we still have time to make 2019 your year.
In the meantime, have a great 4th of July!